1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Tamron and e-mount

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by alaios, Jul 16, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Alex, that one is advertised as a Nikon mount

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    First, it's a Nikon mount. So yes, in theory, it could work with a Nikon to NEX adapter. But really, do you want to use such a slow telezoom without stabilization? I certainly wouldn't.

4. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I would not buy it for its autozoom capabilities. Autozoom costs 280euros which I do not have.The Nikos I gave is 150 euros less. Why instead of going for legacy lens buy a new one (that you know that 100% works) and do your job?

5. Stevelnex

Stevelnex New to TalkEmount

Jul 16, 2013
    The point of using legacy lenses, apart from their optical quality, is that they have manual aperture dials meaning that you can control the aperture yourself.

If you use a modern AF lens like the one you posted you will only be able to shoot at the widest aperture as modern cameras control the aperture digitally. The Nikon-Nex adapter is just a mount for the lens.

Cheers
    Steve

6. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Thanks I did not know that.
    Alex

7. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    There are plenty of manual focus zoom lenses that will cost a lot less, deliver the same or better image quality, and allow full control over the aperture.

One good place to start looking is the Minolta 'Beercan' 70-210mm f/4 lens. The MF version can be used with an inexpensive adapter, the AF version can be used with one of the Sony adapters that will provide full aperture control and AF. The MF version is about $60, the AF version somewhere above $100.

8. Stevelnex

Stevelnex New to TalkEmount

Jul 16, 2013
    No problem, happy to help. I've actually been using a relatively cheap RMC Tokina 80-200 F4 (OM Zuiko mount) that I received with one of my film cameras and getting good results. I generally prefer primes but as a zoo lens it actually performs really well. This is the lens I'm using File:RMC Tokina 1-4-80-200 mm.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

These are some of my recent shots with it, all handheld;

1) Butterfly

9057669513_4b16868573_z.

2) Tropical bird

9057581291_2678b34f84_z.

3) Young elephant

9059868854_bc67dba230_z.

4) Garden Thrush

9269935596_25a9f52bc3_z.

5) Magpie

9270293388_afd52e8f20_z.

The last two shots were taken at home with the NEX-5/Tokina pre-focussed on the bird table with a remote flashgun triggered by the onboard flash.

All of the images were transferred direct to my Iphone using an EyeFi card and edited in Snapseed.

Cheers
    Steve

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
  10. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    RT_Panther: Thanks but this still out of my reach

madmaxmedia: First time to hear about the Minolat Beercan . What you say is that I can try to find it over ebay and use it simply with a manual focus adapter
    Later on when I have the extra cash I can buy one of the adapters EA1 or EA2 and use that lens too with autofocus. Did I get you right?

Regards
    Alex