Tamron AF 28-80mmm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical para nex5n

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by freddytto, Jan 4, 2012.

1. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    I have a friend who want to sell me one of these lenses, but do not know if you can fit well in nex5n, of course with a separate adapter.
    I would like your comments, I read about these and found good reviews ..

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Hi freddytto,

the Tamron AF 28-80 is basically a cheap kit lens - much worse than the NEX kit lens. The latter one has OSS, a metal body, a native E-Mount, Autofocus (which you loose on the Tamron with the Adapter), a better zoom range on an APS-C sized sensor, and, yes, better image quality. So if you already have the kit lens, it's not worth a penny. If not, you can get new 18-55mm kit lenses from 60 bucks up - or just get the original E-Mount kit lens for about 200 bucks. It's worth it - definitely.

Just out of curiosity: how much would you have to pay your friend for this lens?

Good night :)

Poki

3. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    thanks Poki , for now I have the lens 18/55mm and 16mm pancake and I'm very happy with these, and I was thinking about this lens is worth 50 usd to increase my set

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I would say not worth it.

5. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    thanks for your advice, I honestly l'm not a professional, I like photography and am learning a lot from these forums, my friend is selling his team to buy the nex7, also sells a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, This lens Feels more Than a toy like a piece of optics and captures amazing images. he says it is very
    good, I need to investigate more about it ... think that's worth $ 70 ... and 100 for the Zoom Telephoto EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III

thnks

Freddytto

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Hmm.. the 50 you can get for 80-90 new, and compared to the Sony one again you loose a metal body, OSS, autofocus and a little bit image quality (the SEL has better bokeh). But of course the Sony one costs 300 bucks vs 80 for the Canon, so you have to decide weher you buy it or not. Get the used one if you want to help your friend and if its in mint condition, otherwise buy a new one (but then again, in this case a legacy lens would almost certainly be the better option).

With the 75-300 it's a different story. Again, the price isn't a bargain for a used one, and the lacking OSS is a huge problem at this focal length an aperture speed. If you buy this, consider that you'll just be able to use it without a tripod in the brightest sunlight.

7. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    thanks anyway, but if my idea is to buy the sony sel but is very expensive but really good, I'll have to save more cents this week in my Minolta 50mm F1.7 receipt Rokkor-X and am happy with the nex5n .. . thanks for your comments