Tamron 28-75mm in Hong Kong

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
I purchased the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD for about $100+ market value. I'm going on a trip to Thailand and though I love primes, I needed something a bit more flexible. At $800 market value, it is a lot cheaper than the Sony E-Mount options at that same focus length. Not to mention that it is 1/3 the price of the f/2.8.
The person I purchased it from (second hand) covered up the lens in a skin protector which was nice. It also had the correct firmware.
Well, here are 20 photos using the lens throughout Hong Kong. These photos were edited using Lightroom. Only edits were lens profile and a couple of crops. Nothing else.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Conclusion:
This lens does everything you'd want. It's fast. It focuses really well in normal scenarios. It's very light. It does macro-like photos.

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
Nice job... Your images bring me back to one of my favorite cities in the world.

Funny thing... Now that I think about it 9.5 out of my 10 most favorite cities are located in Asia and I have traveled many-many parts of this world... The city that reflects only a .5 out of my group of favorites is located half in Asia and half in Europe: Istanbul...

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Nice job... Your images bring me back to one of my favorite cities in the world.

Funny thing... Now that I think about it 9.5 out of my 10 most favorite cities are located in Asia and I have traveled many-many parts of this world... The city that reflects only a .5 out of my group of favorites is located half in Asia and half in Europe: Istanbul...
Asia is such an amazing place to explore. It has been the best decision of my life. Istanbul is on my list. Hopefully, in the next 3-5 years I'll make it there.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

Latest posts

Top Bottom