Showcase Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
here it is at 28mm F5 iso 800 1/500

Full frame and cropped. Wow.

And quick jpg edit

Last edited:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Some shots from today with the Tamron 28-75:

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Crossposting a couple pics to keep this thread going. Surprised more people haven't picked this lens up yet!

Mookalafalas

TalkEmount Regular
It's really attractive, but I'm worried about that 24-27. I love having a bit of WA on my mid-range zoom. Right now I'm using my Tamron 24-70 Canon mount with the MC-11, but may make the switch eventually, if the weight starts to get me down.

Arutemu

TalkEmount Veteran
It's really attractive, but I'm worried about that 24-27. I love having a bit of WA on my mid-range zoom. Right now I'm using my Tamron 24-70 Canon mount with the MC-11, but may make the switch eventually, if the weight starts to get me down.
You could try the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 (the old model) via MC-11 (since you already have the adapter). They can be had dirt-cheap in EF mount, and I was very happy with mine on Metabones. Basically, a native focusing performance. That'd give you an idea whether 28mm is wide enough - for cheap.

Mookalafalas

TalkEmount Regular
You could try the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 (the old model) via MC-11 (since you already have the adapter). They can be had dirt-cheap in EF mount, and I was very happy with mine on Metabones. Basically, a native focusing performance. That'd give you an idea whether 28mm is wide enough - for cheap.
Arutemo, I should have known I'd run into you over here:th_salute:
Actually, the first full frame lens I ever bought was the Tamron 28-75 for a Canon 5D (the original). It was light and sharp, but I really wanted that extra width for city walk-around stuff. It was nice, but I can't see myself buying it again, when I already have its replacement (the Tam 24-70). I suspect I'll oneday wind up with the new Sony mount, but it will probably be way down the road, after the price has adjusted a couple of levels.

Arutemu

TalkEmount Veteran
I went ahead and got one. Love the lightness, but not crazy about the length. Haven't used it much yet...probably will on Christmas.
What body will you be using it on? I thought you were shooting with Canon...

Arutemu

TalkEmount Veteran
I sold the Canon and have moved to Sony and M4/3. I have an A7R3 now. Got tired of all the heavy gear.
Welcome to the "lifestyle" :biggrin:
I think you will love the world of vintage and manual glass you can play with on the Sony A7 series. ANd then there's the Techart...

Mookalafalas

TalkEmount Regular
Welcome to the "lifestyle" :biggrin:
I think you will love the world of vintage and manual glass you can play with on the Sony A7 series. ANd then there's the Techart...
:hide: I hope not! Last thing I need is more GAS!!
I'm scared to ask, but what's Techart?

BTW, this lens is wicked sharp, and has great contrast. I'm loving the look. I really wish it had that extra 4mm on the wide end; I was missing it right away, but it is certainly a fine piece of glass.
DSC00339-Edit.jpg by Al Walzem, on Flickr

Arutemu

TalkEmount Veteran
:hide: I hope not! Last thing I need is more GAS!!
I'm scared to ask, but what's Techart?
Techart is an adapter that adds autofocus to manual lenses. Quite incredible. You can get that thing for under $300 and put any vintage manual lens on it, and BANG! You have got AF! It communicates electronically with the Sony's sensor, which allows it to move the attached lens back and forth some 5 millimeters to get focus. I think you should get it! :wink: The discussion is here:

Anybody try the Techart Pro AF Leica M adapter yet?

Gandalf

TalkEmount Regular
Local civic artwork, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 on a7Rii.
ISO 100, 1/100 sec @ f/5.6, 43mm

In retrospect, should've focused on the eyes, even though it's a statue...

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom