• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Tamron 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M 1:2

somnambulist_squirrel

TalkEmount Veteran
Traded a few unused items to pick up a like-new copy of this lens, after seeing how sharp it rated on hi-res sensors like the A7RIV. While I am still using my A7Rii, I hope to keep my lenses around for my eventual upgrades, so I figured this inexpensive little weather resistant prime would be worth a shot. I like the 24mm focal length as a wide angle on my A7Rii and it's a great 36mm equivalent field of view on my little a6300 for walkaround and street use. Here are some shots I took today upon delivery from Fed-Ex. It's stick season here, so I was mostly out there to play with the close-focus ability and explore some textures. Here are some sample exported A6300 raw files from LR with no edits (hit "Reset" on all of them after import).
DSC06044.jpg
   ---            
DSC06046.jpg
   ---            
DSC06086.jpg
   ---            
DSC06091.jpg
   ---            
DSC06105.jpg
   ---            
DSC06148.jpg
   ---            
DSC06150.jpg
   ---            

somnambulist_squirrel

TalkEmount Veteran
Is this an auto focus lens?
Looks like it does a great job and at 24mm that is the right FL for me.
Could you post a picture of it sitting on either of your camera's please for a size ref?
Thanks.
Yup, one of Tamron’s trio of AF close-focusing 2.8 primes, with the same 67mm filter thread as the 2.8 zooms. They are a pretty good deal right now with the Black Friday sales.

image.jpg
   ---            
image.jpg
   ---            
image.jpg
   ---            
image.jpg
   ---            

somnambulist_squirrel

TalkEmount Veteran
Some small-aperture, long exposure shots:

DB6BABD2-8725-4F47-A09D-2D3379BBFA6A.jpeg