1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tamron 18-200 vs Sony SEL18200

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by hisel, Jan 7, 2012.

1. hisel

hisel New to TalkEmount

Dec 14, 2011
    I'm in delema now, any body here can advise me what should i buy for my new coming NEX7. Tq dear

2. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 9, 2011
    If I were you before dropping big bucks for lens I would rent or borrow them if possible first. The NEX cameras balance is not like a DSLR and some lens I tried I found a bit odd if you are panning and shooting. I do have the Tamron 18-200 on an A65 and it works well in especially if you are planning on only 1 lens for travel etc.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I don't have either but I do have a Vivitar 28-210mm.
    Vivitar 28-210mm f3.5-5.6 zoom lens for Pentax PK-A mount > Pentax PK Manual > Used Pentax Lenses > Used Pentax > Used Cameras, Lenses, Flash Units and Accessories. > Used Cameras, Lenses and other Photo Equipment & Services from RS Photographic of N

I like it, but you better have a better have a steady hand and descent light.

Two shots showing the range. (Not great pictures)
    Near
    DSC02678.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Far
    DSC02681.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I am currently saving for the SEL18-200mm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.