Sweep panorama & adapted Lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Dr.Strangelove, May 25, 2013.

1. Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    Sweep panorama with adapted lenses usually does not work on my C3.
    Does anyone know why or something about this?
    Is the problem in the equipment or in the photographer?

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Well, sweep panorama doesn't work with the Tamron 18-200 either, so I guess there's something in the firmware to blame.

3. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    I read somewhere that disabling image stabilization when using Tamron 18-200 helps with sweep panorama. Forget where i found the article though

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Oh, that could be of course.

5. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I've had success with old manual focus 17mm & 24mm lenses:

[​IMG]

Most of my favorite sweep pano's are with the Sigma 30mm but I think that has more to do with the focal length. IME some experimentation will be needed to get the appropriate panning speed with different focal lengths.

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Set up

We need to know more. I have done Panorama's with several legacy lenses, no problem.

Does it come on, but not work? Does it refuse to come on? Do you get it to work, sweep, but get no results?

7. Dr.Strangelove

Mar 14, 2013
    Usually this happens when the light is not perfect or good and with different manual lenses.
    (50mm and 55mm but I will now try one 28mm I have)
    Comes messages that I move the camera too fast or too slow, or in the the wrong direction.
    And indicator (arrow) does not move.
    I had also shot several good panoramas with different m. lenses but apart from the light I didnt noticed any pattern or rule why sometimes just dont work.
    The kit lens wasnt 100% successful with panorama but my manual lenses rarely are.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    You have to move the camera in the direction of the arrow. You can adjust the arrow direction in the menu. Too fast or too slow is self explanatory I should think. Just takes a little bit of practice once you get the camera set the way you want.

9. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  10. Dr.Strangelove

Mar 14, 2013
    So this is not a common thing, will research and experiment more and report. I know how to use panorama thing and if I really need to shoot panoramas I can put on the kit lens witch is almost allways good. Thanks

11. Dr.Strangelove

Mar 14, 2013
    With manual lens shutter speed shows 1/500 and stay fixed regardless of the conditions.
    With kit lens changes with available light.
    Why?