1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sunset & Cemetery

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    A few from this evening. The sky didn't get as colorful as I'd hoped, but I'm still relatively pleased with the set. Promaster 19-35mm set at 35mm.

Tony

Attached Files:

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Really like that last one. :)

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    The closeups and last one are nice.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice!

Not that I could do better, but here are some of my thoughts:
    #1 and #2 are a bit too dark for my likings (I would maybe up the exposure a bit), however I love the composition on #2 :thumbup:
    #3 is my fav regarding composition but unfortunately its slightly a little out of focus (I would have focused on the front leafs rather than the back)
    #4 is very nice (same as on #3 - slightly a little out of focus)
    #5 is excellent!!! The detail/sharpness on the tree is amazing :thumbup:
    #6 and #7 same as for #1 & #2 (personally those would be non-keepers for me)

Again nice work there ;)

5. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    did you see any ghosts?

6. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Maybe Tony is the ghost.

7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks everyone. No ghosts, but I did have a few people eying me suspiciously. I guess hanging around a cemetery at dusk with a camera is "weird" behavior. :) I don't think I'm a ghost yet, Colin . . . but then again, my wife does tend to ignore me sometimes. Hmmmmm . . .

Thanks for the comments Nick. I actually aim to get the darker, somber look. Maybe it's something about my personality. :) I agree on the leaf focus; I would do that one differently. In the one looking though the stone arch, I was trying to accentuate the narrow view through the arch and across the cemetery. As for the last two, those were exactly what I was trying to achieve. That's one of the marvelous things about photography: we all have our personal tastes and preferences.

Again, thanks for everyone's comments, even if the photos weren't your personal cup of tea.

Tony

8. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Lucky bastard!

9. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick