1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sunrise at the airport

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Jan 13, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    A few early morning pics from around the airport. I unfortunately blew out the sky highlights a little in the second one trying to make sure the foreground had some detail, and forgot I had the camera set for JPEG only for some quick-and-dirty pics over the weekend. #@$%&*!! The third pic shows the bustle on the WVANG ramp. You may have heard of the chemical spill that has contaminated the water to 300,000 local residents, and FEMA has parked their trailers at the airport. I'm still wondering who thought it was a good idea to build a water treatment facility a mile downstream of a chemical storage facility. My wife and I have been supplying water and showers to family, since I'm fortunate to live far enough away to be on a different system. Minolta MD 24-35. Can you tell I really like that lens? :)

Tony

DSC00422_zpsf2e409d7.

DSC00421_zps4597492d.

DSC00419_zps73220dc8.

• Like Like x 6
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Glad to hear that you escaped the water contamination, Tony. Hope they get it cleared up soon.

3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Dave. The water company has started the process of flushing the system, but it will take 72 hours to cover the several hundred square miles that are involved. My workplace is affected, but we do have bottled water as part of our lease agreement.

Tony

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    What a mess, been following this a bit. We take for granted that there will always be water/food/electricity when we demand it.

Nice sunrise shots as well.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Dave.

6. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Good pics. Really like the 3rd one.

7. TonyTurley