1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sun & Fog

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Sep 20, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Great morning for some photography at the airport. Fog and clouds were just right. A Bombardier Challenger-600 was on approach over a foggy city. You can plainly see the vortices coming off the wings in both photos. Foreground in the second cloud pic is a bit too dark, but I don't have the capability to work on the RAW here, and I couldn't lighten the foreground without blowing out the clouds. Cloud/fog pics with a Minolta MD 28/2.8, and aircraft with a Rokkor 30cm.

Tony

DSC07382_zps4f21be67.

DSC07386_zpsb4205d80.

DSC07371_zps03e8fe25.

DSC07373_zps0fcce1dc.

• Like Like x 9
  2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Very good shots. We have similar fog last couple weeks but I haven't stopped to take photos yet with 1hr+ commute time.

3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks. The only time I have a commute like that is when there is an accident on the interstate. Unfortunately, yesterday afternoon and this morning both had major foul-ups in traffic. :(

Tony

4. dsiglin

dsiglin TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Greenville, SC
    I love the quality of light and the color of the shadows in #2. The sun peaking through and highlighting the fog is icing on the cake. Good job.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks.