• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sub-$1000 Full Frame A5 to Be Announced?

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
I just see no reason to waste time on this issue. IMO, Sony will never produce a good camera body, chancing general acceptance.

But, we have seen dumber marketing...aside from politics!!!

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike

Drd1135

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Steve
I think that must be a different camera. >$2000 is definitely not sub $1000. IBIS & popup EVF also mean it should be quite usable & not an ultra cut down model. It could be the answer for those who want a pocketable body :)
Yes. There is apparently no strip-down camera coming, at least for now. Sony obviously believes in the high end compact, i.e., the RX1 series, but this one will be an ILC with IBIS.

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
From what I'm reading, it seems to be an A7iii missing one card slot, with a flippy screen.
Not that appealing.

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
I have reconciled meself to my 6300.
Screw the not real and expensive.
I am not prey to business or politicians!!!! FWIW.

Tipton

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Rae Leggett
I'm over new cameras! Buy a generation behind and save money!

There is something to be said for not flooding the market. In film camera days, you might get a new model every five years.

Petrochemist

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Mike
I'm over new cameras! Buy a generation behind and save money!
Only one generation behind? I think there's only been one occasion I got that close. If I'd waited another 6 months the price would have halved. Most of my bodies have been at least 5 years old when purchased - The Sigma I got was over 10 years old - but that was for a rather specific reason, it sees IR very differently from Bayer cameras & conversion is just removal of a clip in filter.

Drd1135

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Steve
Only one generation behind? I think there's only been one occasion I got that close. If I'd waited another 6 months the price would have halved. Most of my bodies have been at least 5 years old when purchased - The Sigma I got was over 10 years old - but that was for a rather specific reason, it sees IR very differently from Bayer cameras & conversion is just removal of a clip in filter.
I certainly do this with Sony FF. Used, if available. I have been really happy with the A7Riii.

Reactions: WNG

bobbill

TalkEmount Veteran
+1.
Cheap duck that I am...
Have been doing long time...patience is a wondros virtue.

Love my older digitals (Lumix P&S, GX1, 6300) and those still-viable, ancient manual Nikkors.
Would still be doing film were not for chemicals...

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
I wonder what the smaller sized full-frame camera would be lacking in comparison to say the A7iii... I presently have an A7iii plus an A6400 and an A6600. I use the pair of APSC bodies for a two camera setup when light weight is important.

If the new compact camera will equal or even come very close to equalling the A7iii for still photography, I might very well dispose of both the A6400 and the A7iii and use the new camera + my A6600 as a two camera setup...

Drd1135

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Steve
I wonder what the smaller sized full-frame camera would be lacking in comparison to say the A7iii... I presently have an A7iii plus an A6400 and an A6600. I use the pair of APSC bodies for a two camera setup when light weight is important.

If the new compact camera will equal or even come very close to equalling the A7iii for still photography, I might very well dispose of both the A6400 and the A7iii and use the new camera + my A6600 as a two camera setup...
Sony was eyeing your money when they designed it. ?

• Funny
Reactions: WNG

Latest threads

Top Bottom