1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Stupid Me, trying pano with an 8mm fisheye on NEX7 and some first day comments

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by lapdog99, Jan 3, 2012.

1. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    My Tamron 18-200 is supposed to arrive today, but in the interim few days since getting the NEX7, I tried out of curiosity
    using my ProOptic fisheye with a Fotodiox adapter and panoramic mode. I can't show the photos because after each attempt, the display kept saying
    something like NOT RECORDED, shoot faster. I realized later that this was probably due to the fact the fisheye covers so much area the stitching software
    couldn't make sense of it. None of the single shots I made are worth showing, although it seemed to work fine wide open with infinite focus.

Meanwhile, a few early comments. The eye cup covers the tiny adjustment for vision/glasses/contacts so adjust before putting the cup on. I don't have much
    experience with EVFs so my initial reaction was that it was quite good, but not like a window pane (which I didn't expect anyway).

The focus peaking was both interesting and a little distracting, and it will take some time to gain confidence in it.

My guess is that the size with the tele is going to require a larger bag than the ones I already have for my LX5 (which I still love with that Leica 2.0 lens), so I ordered
    one of the smaller KATA sling bags. Their quality is excellent based on the two backpack bags I already have.

I am waiting to see what lenses emerge this year that are 2.8 or better for wide angle from SONY/Tamron/Sigma. Hopefully I'll have a Sony compatible lens today and get some shots over the weekend.

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Have fun out there.

3. HappyPuppy

HappyPuppy TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 9, 2011
    I like the peaking it really seems to help. I like to do as much with the shot vs post production

4. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    It might be worthwhile to try to change the panorama direction orientation from left to right (or right to left) to down to up (or up to down ) and try to shoot the panorama holding the camera in a portrait orientation. Sorry if I sound confusing, I posted a NEX-7 presentation thread previously done by Mike Bubolo and he was illustrating what I'm trying to explain regarding the sweep panorama technique, it might be worthwhile to check it out.

5. lowincash

lowincash TalkEmount Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Kin
    How do you like the tamron 18-200 on the nex7? I'm just going to have two lenses for now which will be the 24mm zeiss and the tamron 18-200.

Btw I have a sony ericsson ray cell phone and has the panorama sweep, I still can't seem to get it right lol, I either go too slow or too fast and then end up having 1/4 or 1/3 of the picture blank =/