Stuff clients say to photographers

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WestOkid, Sep 24, 2014.

1. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    LOL. Some of the many reasons I only rarely photograph human subjects.

2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    My old man Wanted me To Photograph his GTS Monaro to make posters to sell, when talking about it to someone else I heard him say that I could do it because I had a pretty good camera :laugh1:

3. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I did not find it funny. It was nice at the beginning but after 3 minutes I just got bored

4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I agree it it is too long and repetitive, but the concept is funny and true.

5. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    well I was thinking into my train ride (2 hours today) back home. Why do we consider this funny? Are not these guys professionals? What is the difference of a photographer and a butcher that stands still for hours? Does the butcher have an easier life?
    I guess the idea of being professional is for getting this comments from your clients and then to filter them out as you have to (discarding them pretty much). I am not sure what this video provides to the pro photographers community
    (btw I also laughed at the beginning)
    Alex

6. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I think perhaps you may be taking it a little too seriously, Alex. It's just a funny video, that's all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    I found it funny but after 2 minutes it's enough...

8. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    have you ever travelled two hours in a train one way.. two times a day.. three weeks in a row? I am thinking even toughest think in the train.
    Want me share some ? :p

9. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Well, no. My commute is about 20 secs., and I can work in my underwear. :p

But I guess a long, tedious commute would make me grumpy too. Perhaps watching a few more funny videos could lighten your mood?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    One's missing that happened to me a year ago. [Client who hired me]: "Hey, should I borrow you my camera? I've a bigger one."

The video provides a good laugh. I guess you never worked in the creative professional industry full time? I can tell you these comments add up, and at some point you simply can't hear some sentences even just one more time. You won't be happy working in this industry. Except when you remember why you love what you do, that is.

11. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    :laugh1::laugh1:LMAO!