1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Struggling with flash on NEX-7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Dec 22, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I'm used to my Nikons being mostly dead accurate with an SB-800 in bouncing. The Olys were very good too with a Metz 44AF. I have the HVL-F43AM for the NEX-7, and it seems to want to blow everything out. ANY adjustments in exposure or flash compensation seems to take it the other way. This isn't for fill, it is for portraits in a low-lit room, with the bounced flash as the main source. When I first got the NEX-6, I found quickly that the norm is to add 2/3 to the exposure comp and leave it that way. Is there some magic to the flash settings as well? I'll experiment some more, but wanted to know if someone else had inconsistencies with flash on these cameras. THANKS!

flash.

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    What ISO was used for the above shots???

3. SRHEdD

SRHEdD TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 25, 2012
    Viera, Florida, USA
    Steve
    I believe 100... WAIT!!!

EXIF shows 800. I must have had it on ISO AUTO (ick!) for the bright one, ISO 200 for the dark, but might have dialed in flash exp. comp by then.

Can we label this thread stoopid? Sorry, didn't realize... back to the drawing board... with a pen and paper this time.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick