1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Street style self portrait

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Poki, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/48126456@N05/15771401706" title="Self Portrait by Hannes Brecher, on Flickr"> 15771401706_9ea49cd5e2_b. "1024" height="683" alt="Self Portrait"></a>

I hate pretty much any portrait I've taken. I'm just not very good at it. So today, I just wanted to replace a portrait I hate with one I hate a little less.

This one's inspired by street portraits. You know, these portraits where you position a random person you meet in front of a wall and just shoot a couple of frames. I thought I might not fail that bad at such a simple setup. So I used a single flash, bounced it off the back wall with a slight tilt to one side to avoid making the image look too flat and stood in front of a white wall - that's it.

In post, I didn't do too much. Just correcting the colors, adding some contrast and adding a vignette. Removed only two annoying blemishes and brightened the eyes a little bit (because they were pretty dark after adding contrast), and that's it!

• Like Like x 11
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Great job! If you were taking a photo of someone else, I think that they'd be well pleased with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mcvu

mcvu TalkEmount Regular

Sep 24, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    Minh
    Nice lightning and portrait. Good expression also.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Looks like a very nice jacket you're wearing, curious to see the whole :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yeah, after wearing my old one for like 8 years I finally got over it and bought a new one. Without wanting to advertise too blatantly here, it's a G-Star Suzaki, and it's really quite nice. Very comfortable, surprisingly warm and yet stylish. Maybe I'll find some time to do a full body image for you later today. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^ :thumbup:
    Ok, its a G-Star, that explains it why its very nice then ;)

7. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Looks good [emoji106]

Tbh I thought you were older haha. [emoji2]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Oh, I look younger than I am. ;)

I'm 20, so yeah, I'm one of the old guys too. :)