• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Street style self portrait

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
<a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/48126456@N05/15771401706" title="Self Portrait by Hannes Brecher, on Flickr">
15771401706_9ea49cd5e2_b.jpg
   ---            
"1024" height="683" alt="Self Portrait"></a>

I hate pretty much any portrait I've taken. I'm just not very good at it. So today, I just wanted to replace a portrait I hate with one I hate a little less.

This one's inspired by street portraits. You know, these portraits where you position a random person you meet in front of a wall and just shoot a couple of frames. I thought I might not fail that bad at such a simple setup. So I used a single flash, bounced it off the back wall with a slight tilt to one side to avoid making the image look too flat and stood in front of a white wall - that's it.

In post, I didn't do too much. Just correcting the colors, adding some contrast and adding a vignette. Removed only two annoying blemishes and brightened the eyes a little bit (because they were pretty dark after adding contrast), and that's it!

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Looks like a very nice jacket you're wearing, curious to see the whole :D

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Looks like a very nice jacket you're wearing, curious to see the whole :D

Yeah, after wearing my old one for like 8 years I finally got over it and bought a new one. Without wanting to advertise too blatantly here, it's a G-Star Suzaki, and it's really quite nice. Very comfortable, surprisingly warm and yet stylish. Maybe I'll find some time to do a full body image for you later today. ;)

DigitalD

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
David K Fonseca
Looks good [emoji106]

Tbh I thought you were older haha. [emoji2]

Latest threads

Top Bottom