1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Strange yellow splodge!

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by teefin1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    I just got a Konica Hex 50mm 1.7 and generally very happy with it, I probably prefer it to the others. A couple of the photos ive taken have had a mottled effect or yellow splodge/cast in them like this:

ty yellow.

But, im not sure its the lens, I think ive seen it before with this camera.

Has anyone experienced similar on Nex cameras or certain lenses? I know that some are meant to be radioactive and can produce a yellow cast, do the Konicas fall into that category? :confused:

Tracy

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hmm, weird. I did have a yellow radioactive Super Tak but the yellowing was global, not selective to one part of the image. I'm a little baffled here.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    That is odd and I have no idea what that is...as far as I know none of the Konicas used Thorium lenses in their designs. Also, I have shot with a yellowed Super Tak and it didn't look like that as clavier said it was globally distributed over the entire lens. I assume this doesn't happen on other lenses right? Have you looked at the lens in the light to see if there is anything on the elements? What it kind of looks like to me is a light leak like I would get if the seals were bad on my film bodies. Is it possible the adapter is faulty or maybe the lens doesn't mount correctly?

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Ummm… you're sure it isn't actually on the kid? I know, not helpful, but I'm in a weird mood this morning. ;)

What are your camera settings for this shot? Does it do it all the time at those settings, or is random/not tied to specific settings?

5. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Ha,ha, if Ty was that colour i'd know where the JD has been disappearing (I always suspected my husband actually ;P)

I'm not sure of the settings off hand but will make a note for future ref, and will check the lens to adapter to mount. I mentioned it really because i recall (vaguely) that its happened before. I think i will stick the Sigma on for a few days and see if it occurs again, if not go back to the Konica and rule it out that way.

I changed the pic to black and white and there is no sign of it.

6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Totally baffling! :confused:

I've had weird colour shifts from memory card corruptions or transfer errors, but they usually appear as stripes or bands. That colour shift looks like what you'd get from a Cokin graduated filter. Really weird...

Try to find the right combination of circumstances to get it to happen all the time. If this is not possible then the error may be randomly electronic rather than optical/mechanical. Try changing your memory card, or USB cable to your computer perhaps??