1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Strange Shutter Sound

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Lorenz Goebels, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lorenz Goebels

Lorenz Goebels New to TalkEmount

Sep 29, 2012
    I recently started using my Nex-5 again after a short break and either I am going mad or the shutter has changed it's sound. Before it was, as I'm sure you all know, a rather loud but satisfying double click. What I get now is more like a double buzz, almost like a quick mobile vibrate. It is more high-pitched than before too. Photo quality seems unaffected, as does the shutter speed. I don't know if it is a problem with the body or lens as I do not have a second lens to test. I have tried a camera reset, a sensor clean, removed, checked and re-attached the lens and given the whole thing a gentle wiggle to see if anything has come loose. No joy.

I have searched google thoroughly but to no avail. If anyone else is experiencing this or has had this problem and since fixed it, I would be very grateful for a reply.

I couldn't find anything on this forum, but if this has been dealt with before then please link me to it and I'll delete this post.