• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Strange Shutter Sound

Lorenz Goebels

New to TalkEmount
I recently started using my Nex-5 again after a short break and either I am going mad or the shutter has changed it's sound. Before it was, as I'm sure you all know, a rather later but satisfying double click. What I get now is more like a double buzz, almost like a quick mobile vibrate. It is more high-pitched than before too. Photo quality seems unaffected, as does the shutter speed. I don't know if it is a problem with the body or lens as I do not have a second lens to test. I have tried a camera reset, a sensor clean, removed, checked and reattached the lens and given the whole thing a gentle wiggle to see if anything has come loose. No joy.

I have searched google thoroughly but to no avail. If anyone else is experiencing this or has had this problem and since fixed it, I would be very grateful for a reply.

I couldn't find anything but if this has been dealt with before then please link me to it and I'll delete this post.

Latest threads

Top Bottom