1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Strange shutter delay when using NEX-7 with built-in flash and 50mm Touit

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Poki, May 30, 2014.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Hey guys,

I finally received my 50mm Touit yesterday. The first thing I noticed when using it was that there is a delay of about 2 seconds between when pressing the shutter and when the photo is taken.

This never happened before with my NEX-7, and it only happens if I use the built-in flash with the Touit 2.8/50. If I use the built-in flash without a lens or with any other lens (including the 12mm Touit) it works as it should. When I use the NEX-7 with the Touit 2.8/50M without using the flash it also works like it should.

Also, it happens no matter what the settings are. Manual or aperture priority, AF or MF, flash mode, flash compensation - nothing seems to help.

So why could this be? And what can I do against it? It's pretty annoying.

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    My guess is that it's some sort of software bug. Whether it's caused by the firmware in the lens, or some sort of incompatibility between the NEX-7 and the lens, or some other hidden gremlin, is anybody's guess at this point. If were in your shoes, I'd send the lens back pronto and see if another sample behaves the same way. Good luck!