• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Stock of Sony 50mm f/1.8

iKBR

TalkEmount Rookie
Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that has stock of the Sony 50mm f/1.8 (SEL50F18) :confused:

BTW I am in Australia so more interested of stock over here.

Armanius

TalkEmount Regular
You lucky mates! No 50/1.8's anywhere here in the US for sure. Even the Zeiss 24's have all but disappeared.

And even more interesting, there's a shortage of the 16mm too!!! I guess all the new NEX7 owners are snatching up the lenses. Although the 50/1.8 has been vaporware here in the US for a while.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
I'm actually hanging out for the new E mount lenses Sony is planning to release middle to late this year to early next year (particularly the "standard prime" and the snap prime), hopefully they're fast and good performers, I'm not gonna hold my breath for it though :p

Oh btw, I'm sure Ted's and Digital Camera warehouse ship items overseas *wink wink* ;)

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Good to hear it really is coming. ;) Nowhere available in Austria or Germany, though.

But I'm happy with what I have right now (yeah, I'm surprised I say this, too! :D). The 24mm CZ does an excellent job and for my kind of shooting I don't necessarily need another focal length. Will get one (or a 85mm lens, if one gets released) when I've to do some live photography of a band and some portraits later this year.

Armanius

TalkEmount Regular
I'm actually hanging out for the new E mount lenses Sony is planning to release middle to late this year to early next year (particularly the "standard prime" and the snap prime), hopefully they're fast and good performers, I'm not gonna hold my breath for it though :p

Oh btw, I'm sure Ted's and Digital Camera warehouse ship items overseas *wink wink* ;)

I emailed them, but no response yet about shipping to US.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Probably still asleep due to the time difference, I'll give them a call and let you know.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
No worries at all!

I reckon it's good to have a network of possible places to purchase items if the local store doesnt have the item you want.

I contacted them just now (Saturday 11am) and they told me that they do ship items internationally, but the department (or rather the person) who handles international purchases and web sales does not work on the weekends. I'll try again Monday and get a straight answer and maybe a quote to give you guys a clearer picture.

Armanius

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks again! If you are ever in Houston (and I'm not sure why you'd come to Houston given that Melbourne is much nicer), let me know!! You can enjoy the 100 degree weather and 95% humidity. It's lovely. :)

No worries at all!

I reckon it's good to have a network of possible places to purchase items if the local store doesnt have the item you want.

I contacted them just now (Saturday 11am) and they told me that they do ship items internationally, but the department (or rather the person) who handles international purchases and web sales does not work on the weekends. I'll try again Monday and get a straight answer and maybe a quote to give you guys a clearer picture.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Sorry guys, it looks like someone has been telling me porkie pies, this is a transcript of an email regarding my query...

Sorry, we do not ship overseas.

Cheers!
Eddie
Digital Cameras and Camera Accessories | Video Cameras | Teds Cameras Australia - Ted's Cameras
Ted's Web Enquires
P: 03 8779 5581
F: 03 9645 7283
Toll Free: 1800 186 895
Let us know about your Ted’s experience on Facebook & Twitter here… **

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, 13 March 2012 3:22 PM
To: Eddie Edyvean
Subject: Contact Form

Name: Phoenix
E-mail: phoenix.gonzales@gmail.com

Comment: I rang on the Melbourne City store on 10/3/12 and queried regarding sending items overseas. I was advised that the person who handles overseas sales does not work on weekends, when I rang back today I was advised that Ted's does not send items overseas. Please advise, Thank you

So it looks like they don't ship overseas. My apologies if I got your hopes up :(

Latest threads

Top Bottom