1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

SR mount macro lens: which to adapt?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Grisu_HDH, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Hello Nexmaniacs.
    Found my Rokkor 50mm 1.4 so now all I need is a macro lens.
    So what I would like to have is a really 1:1 macro lens, not zoom or anything like that...
    Best would be to have a Minolta SR mount (also called MC/MD mount) because I already own a mating adapter.

In eBay I found a Sigma 50mm macro lens but 98 EUR seems far to expensive or I'm I wrong?
    There would be the possibility to make price suggestion but I don't think anything under 90 EUR will be accepted...
    There seem to be not many auctions in Germany for macro lenses...

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I don't know about the going price and image quality of the Sigma 50mm macro, but a Minolta 50/3.5 (MC or MD) probably won't go below € 75 if you want to have the matching extender to go to 1:1 included.

3. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    I did a lot of google about the Sigma, but can't find much of information in the net...
    Right now the price for the Sigma would be 88 EUR incl. shipment, a UV filter and a sun protector for the front lens but no end caps...

I also found a Rokkor 50mm 3.5 incl. the 1:1 adapter you mentioned with original box, all in A+ condition the shop says (professional used camera shop) but this would be 115 EUR without shipment...
    And I'm not sure if the Rokkor + 1:1 + MD adapter isn't too much for my small NEX...!?!?!

4. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'm quite confident that the NEX can hold the 50/3.5 + adapter, they both aren't very heavy. I've used heavier zoom lenses on it already. That said, mounting the NEX on a tripod is a veritable joke, I use a NEX-to-MD adapter with tripod mount which works well.

I have a mint MD 50/3.5 + adapter for which I paid well over € 100 (can't remember exactly), I'd consider € 115 quite pricey but not completely over-the-top. I guess could get a 50/3.5 + 1:1 adapter in good condition in The Netherlands for around € 80 from a private seller.

5. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Made the decision for the Sigma yesterady evening...
    The price got a bit lower and I also get lens covers with it...
    I also like that it is 1:1 without an extzra adapter and it is more lightweight than the Rokkor...
    I can't wait to see the postman coming up the street in the next few days, also still waiting for my Rokkor 50 1.4...

6. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

7. Grisu_HDH

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Sitting in the office during lunch brake unboxing the Sigma Macro got by mail 2 hours ago.Condition looks good, think it was well worth the price. Delivery included a UV filter and a special square sized sun protector from Hama.
    Can't wait to try it at the NEX when at home.