Sports (and little landscape :D )

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by cybertron, Jan 19, 2013.

1. cybertron

cybertron TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Michael Widegren
    Hi everyone

Today my kid went to his first floorball (is that what it is called in english?) game, I couldn't miss this opportunity to get some experience in indoor sports action shooting :D
    I took alot of pictures and I thought I would share two of them. The F3 performed quite ok I think, the lighting was sufficient (although more wouldn't hurt/and or faster lens of course)
    I began shooting at 1/250 f5-5.6 and iso 800. I then realised that I needed to go higher so I changed to iso 1600 and 1/400. I deliberately underexposed a little to gain some speed.
    I used the Sony SEL 55-210 which I haven't been using that much yet but I found it to perform as expected. Did not have a lot of focus hunting, although it often vere just a millisecond wrong in focus which could have been avoided if I would have used a higher aperture (but then sacrifice the shutterspeed) Maybe try that next time :D

I also had the time to shot some pics of the landscape. Enjoy :D (the first pic is on my son with bluestick and is the second person from the left and the other is of his teammates)
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Nothing wrong with any of those. :)
  3. cybertron

cybertron TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Michael Widegren
    Thanks. They turned out quite ok
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Turned out well, and it is called street hockey.
  5. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I really like the rich blue and gold colours on the landscapes, wonderful. I think we call them junior-indoor-hockey over here... (we don't have any ice rinks so everyone knows that indoor hockey is played on a court floor).