1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sony's new 135mm lens "sharpest ever tested"

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by bdbits, Mar 11, 2019.

1. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    OK, it's $1900 USD, no OSS, and this is just MTF curves; we will have to see how it performs in the real world. And I'm not very good at reading MTF curves, but Roger says "This is the sharpest lens we’ve tested. Period."

Sony FE 135mm f1.8 GM Early MTF Results

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 22, 2012
    Wow. Now if only we had a camera that needed that resolution :biggrin:

3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Fortunately I have no use for a 135mm lens. But this one looks impressive, to say the least. And it seems to me that Sony is seriously upping their game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. christilou

christilou TalkEmount All-Pro

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Looking at the test images here and there I would say it's going to be very popular. Fortunately I think it would be overkill for my uses!

5. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    I wonder how the sharpness stacks up against the 135mm f/2.0 Samyang? O.K. - I know, the Samyang is manual focus - but f/2.0 and at a great price too! I really only want this for portraits and I can live with MF, given the focus peaking and focus assist of the Sony mirrorless cameras! The Sammy is still supposed to be one of the sharpest lenses available...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.