Sony will add uncompressed RAW on the A7II via firmware updated coming on November 18!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by TedG954, Nov 4, 2015.

1. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount All-Pro

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
  2. Daum

Daum TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    I hope this will include assigning a function button to toggle between the EVF and LCD... Way too sensitive.

3. VLReviews

VLReviews TalkEmount Regular

Mar 16, 2015
    Germany
    Benjamin
  4. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    This is very encouraging, as Sony makes good on their earlier "promise" from the time of the launch of the A7RII and A&SII to bring these features, 14-bit uncompressed RAW and PDAF for adapted lenses. As a relatively new A6000 owner, I'd love to see the latter feature brought to the A6000 as well. That would open up a world of A-mount AF lenses for the fast-focusing A6000, especially on the long end.

5. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Agreed - Certainly the A7xII's were first on the list. Hopefully the A6000 will be the next one (and first APS-C) to get it.

6. Jonwood10

Jonwood10 TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Looks like the Sony UK website has the download already active, even though it has tomorrows date against it.

Sony Support

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. Mus Aziz

Mus Aziz TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2015
    Mus
    Just finished downloading and installing on my A7ii. :)

8. HabsFan

HabsFan TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    Ontario, CAN
    I'd be interested to hear how well PDAF works with A-mount lenses.

9. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

If they can make PDAF work on the a7II for adapters, they can certainly do it on the original A7...but they likely wont.

Not surprised, of course, but disappointed. I still prefer the ergonomics/grip of the original rather than the new.

10. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I am at work but really want to try this RAW thing and already looking at the Alpha adapter and possible lenses for it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount All-Pro

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    I just down loaded the UPDATE and it went smooth as silk!

Now I can take photos while listening to Itunes and watching the latest movies on the LCD. The sub-woofer on my A7II is unbelieveable!

Whadda great camera!!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    im also contemplating picking up a LAEA3 ... just to see how my Tamaron 70-300 focuses with those 117 pdaf points

13. stripedrex

stripedrex TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 18, 2014
    If anyone has autofocus adapters from Metabones etc. Please report on any improved autofocus capabilities with those adapters! I've also updated to v2 on mine. Please note to Lightroom users it seems the uncompressed raws are not working on their yet. It imports but I can't manipulate it.