Sony warranty repair

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Larry, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Larry

Larry TalkEmount Regular

May 23, 2013
    Seattle, WA
    A few weeks ago I noticed a spec of debris on the inside of my sel16f28. Then later I saw 2 specs. I called Sony and made arrangements to return it for repair under warranty. I've owned the lens for about 9 months. It was a freebie thrown in when I bought my nex6 and sel18200. I received the lens back today and it looks good. I've used the lens only 2 or 3 times and never noticed anything particular in the pictures.

But the great thing I can report is Sony's customer service. While they had my lens they would notify me every 3 days on it's status. They did this both by email and by phone. After they did the cleaning, they called me to ask if I had any other concerns about the lens. I have never had another company ever do this on a repair item. So they get top marks from me on CS.

Happy Trails
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Nice to hear something positive about customer service occasionally. :)
  3. bobbywise

bobbywise TalkEmount Regular

Nov 6, 2013
    Nantes, France
    Robert Wisbey
    Cool. That's impressive.
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Yup, can't beat good customer service :thumbup:
  5. dangrunloh

dangrunloh New to TalkEmount

Nov 23, 2013
    I have Nex-6 used every day for 3 months and knocked around a bit. Main kit lens quit working still on warranty. I sent it to Laredo TX repair facility not knowing if problem would be covered. They called when it was received and called again when it was sent back to me Fedex. Lens was "stuck" needed replacement barrel. Total turn around time was 7 days Illinois to Texas and back. Zero charge not even return shipping. I sent without caps and it came back with front and back caps. FABULOUS warranty service.