• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'Sony SEL50F18'

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
wow wonderful job, I've been thinking about buying this lens, it's very good. I read that is excellent for portraits, what it you think about that? could you share with us some examples?

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
wow wonderful job, I've been thinking about buying this lens, it's very good. I read that is excellent for portraits, what it you think about that? could you share with us some examples?

I thought you already have the SEL55210 ?

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
If I can find some subjects - I'll see what I can do!

I have seen several posts on other websites and performs in the portraits, the only 50mm with Stabilisation, fast and great performance.I have not had a chance to use it, I would like to go B&H or Sony to use it and have my own conclusions :), but I'm busy in my job so i didn't try it yet : (

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Wonderful bokeh in all shots! Too bad my iPhone died last week and therefor I don't have the money to buy it anymore ... ;(

detail

New to TalkEmount

BigMike

TalkEmount Rookie
I've just sold my kit 18-55 lens and looking for another lens to go with my sigma 30. So is the 50 1.8 considered a must have lens for the nex system?

simonclivehughes

TalkEmount Rookie
Here's a few images from the 50mm f1.8 lens and the NEX 7. It's a lovely lens, a bit bigger than I'd like, but it renders very nicely. These were all shot in downtown Vancouver. As always, click on an image for a larger view.

_DSC5826.jpg
   ---            
_DSC5831.jpg
   ---            

_DSC5836.jpg
   ---            
_DSC5841.jpg
   ---            

Cheers,

BigMike

TalkEmount Rookie
I've read in other blogs that this len's AF speed is frustratingly slow in good daylight (which I find surprising), how's your experience been?

Nice shoots too!

BigMike

TalkEmount Rookie
Great to know, can I also get your views on its sharpness relative to the sigma 30 and the 18-55 kit lens. In addition is the lens sharp when shooting wide open?

simonclivehughes

TalkEmount Rookie
If you're asking me, Mike, all of the above shots were at f1.8. The couple of images I posted on the Sigma 30mm thread are also wide open (f2.8). I shoot RAW and PP with Topaz Detail on a relatively mild setting. I don't shoot with the kit lens that often, but it is pretty sharp also. The 50 and 30 are new to me as are my NEX 7 bodies (I had a pair of NEX 5 before). I'm finding the 24MP of the 7 requires some adjustment in thinking about sharpness when viewed at 100% (especially RAW which, of course, are not sharpened), but overall I'm very pleased with both lenses.

Hope that helps,

Latest threads

Top Bottom