• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Sony SEL 55-210 F4.5-6.3 OSS lens

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
Our new family member. This is a straight out of camera JPEG, slightly brightened on the iPad

---            

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
Fairly well? :laugh:

Those are all keepers! And the green snake (Tree Boa?) :thumbup:
Thank you for your kind words !

These shots are a bit fuzzy - due to high ISO and slow aperture. But really not that noticeable unless you pixel peep.

The major reason I use that lens and not a better FE version is size and weight. I don't use tele lenses often to begin with, and don't want to be carrying an artillery shell with me.

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
One more... this one was absolutely terrible out of camera - shot at an angle through a very thick and rather dirty glass that reflected like crazy, plus the lion was constantly pacing back and forth... very hard to get a good focus lock on. The resulting shot ended up being very low contrast and smeared somewhat, so I figured, nothing to lose here, and bumped the contrast and clarity way up (and lowered saturation to compensate). Not sure if it came out good but I like it...

There's a cool story behind this animal - all but one of the lions in Detroit Zoo are rescues, one even came from a crack house (you must be on crack to share a home with a lion...) and a few came from some junk yard in Kansas. They built a huge enclosure for them, where all that separates you from the lions is 2" of glass. Unfortunately, taking photos through that glass is challenging even with a CPL, and I almost never carry one.

DSC00031 by BugsDaddy, on Flickr

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will

theoldsmithy

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Martin Connolly
The 2nd image is wonderful! Was this hand-held or on a tripod? The bokeh is better than I remember. I haven't played with mine in ages, need to dust it off and power it up.
Thanks! They are both hand-held. I only use a tripod for astrophotography.

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
The 2nd image is wonderful! Was this hand-held or on a tripod? The bokeh is better than I remember. I haven't played with mine in ages, need to dust it off and power it up.
Yes, the colors are fantastic.
The bokeh isn't bad unless there are out of focus highlights in the background, they tend to look rather harsh.

jp300

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
John
A few from a cloudy day last week at a nearby garden...

---            
   ---            
   ---            

MAZALA

TalkEmount Regular
   ---            

MAZALA

TalkEmount Regular
Thank you yes, I know but I did not know how to post an image without starting a new thread..I'm kind of Forum phobic haha, I find them utterly confusing. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom