Showcase Sony SEL 55-210 F4.5-6.3 OSS lens

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
The Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS is a telephoto zoom lens for the Sony NEX system. Designed to complement the existing 18-55mm kit zoom, the Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS features Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation, quiet and responsive auto focus and a 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm for a pleasing bokeh.

I have this lens is great ..
Sony E-Mount SEL55210 - 55-210mm f/4.5-6.6 OSS Lens - In Depth Hands on Review, Sample photos, Sample HD Video, 100% Crops, and More!! | SonyAlphaLab.com

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
Ta Freddy just read that review, it's all good but I can't buy them all - I'm going to Paris next month, might be lucky and treat myself to 1 lens for the trip but which one - OMG I thought photography would chill me out, but I'm getting more excited/ stressed by the day ;)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
OMG I thought photography would chill me out, but I'm getting more excited/ stressed by the day ;)
Haha... not to worry Ray, it happens to us all. :D

In my early days of photography I used to stress about everything... my cameras, my lenses, my tripod, how to carry them all... then the light, the weather, the time of day, the subjects, the location - the strain just went on and on and on. The more I wanted to "push" for better results the more the joy drained out of my photography. As I got older, I began to stop 'pushing and pulling' against the elements and have learned to go along with the flow. If things didn't go right, then I'll get it right the next time. If there's no next time, then I let it go because I've still learnt something from that - which will be useful for something else.

Give yourself time, relax, allow yourself to make mistakes, and learn at a pace that doesn't trample on your joy. This will show in your photos... :)

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
Ta Freddy just read that review, it's all good but I can't buy them all - I'm going to Paris next month, might be lucky and treat myself to 1 lens for the trip but which one - OMG I thought photography would chill me out, but I'm getting more excited/ stressed by the day ;)

hey friend, take a look at this page, where I have some photos in the first shoot with this lens ........ greetings

Freddytto Robles Photografia: A squirrel and a small bird in Central Park

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro

In my early days of photography I used to stress about everything... my cameras, my lenses, my tripod, how to carry them all... then the light, the weather, the time of day, the subjects, the location - the strain just went on and on and on. The more I wanted to "push" for better results the more the joy drained out of my photography. As I got older, I began to stop 'pushing and pulling' against the elements and have learned to go along with the flow. If things didn't go right, then I'll get it right the next time. If there's no next time, then I let it go because I've still learnt something from that - which will be useful for something else.

Give yourself time, relax, allow yourself to make mistakes, and learn at a pace that doesn't trample on your joy. This will show in your photos... :)

you are correct friend, RELAX and learn from mistakes .......:eek:

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular

Thank you :) .... There are parallels here with advice my dad once gave me about women! ;)

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL - Thinking of all the parallels you could infer about women from photography.

Is a longer "lens" better? Big apertures vs small apertures.

Think I'll climb out of the gutter now...

Ray Vardy

TalkEmount Regular
So that 55-210 lens is £300 at our Jessops photographic outlet ( you guessed it ).... Hmmm!

Anyone want to loan me one to try for, err, 1 week in July ( I can collect if your in Paris )

:eek:

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ah, to go back to Paris. Maybe someday...

Last time I went, I was a senior in high school, some (mumble, cough) years ago. I took my father's Twin Lens Reflex camera with me. Only I left the camera bag on the plane when we got off down in Marseilles. :(

Have you looked into renting a lens for a week? In the US, I can find the 18-200 lens for a week for $55. Don't know what prices are in the UK... gotta love google...

Hireacamera - Sony E18-200mm F3.5-6.3 telephoto zoom lens hire - Sony E18-200mm F3.5-6.3 telephoto zoom lens rental

£35.83 (£43.00 including VAT)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks for sharing RT_Panther!

BTW, how are you finding the F3? I've never seen one in person but it appears to be a little bit bigger than the 5N body and I'm thinking better to hold and less chance of accidental hits on buttons?

RT_Panther

TalkEmount Veteran
BTW, how are you finding the F3? I've never seen one in person but it appears to be a little bit bigger than the 5N body and I'm thinking better to hold and less chance of accidental hits on buttons?
Last NEX I had was the "original" 3....
So in that light, the F3 is similar to 3 in that you have to watch your right thumb so as not to accidently change your shutter speed or aperature setting...

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.

The old and the new. Evening light at the end of the Leuchars Airshow, Fife, Scotland.
NEX-5 ISO: 320 Exposure: 1/400 sec Aperture: 5.6 Focal Length: 150mm 55-210 SEL JPEG

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
View attachment 1675

The old and the new. Evening light at the end of the Leuchars Airshow, Fife, Scotland.
NEX-5 ISO: 320 Exposure: 1/400 sec Aperture: 5.6 Focal Length: 150mm 55-210 SEL JPEG
Those old piston powered planes are just soooo much better looking than their modern counterparts. I spent about 3 weeks at RAF Macrahanish in 1985 and the Spitfire would have fit the decor just fine. I understand the base has reverted to civilian control now, so I have no idea how much of the war structures remain.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Welcome to the forum, Applemint! :)

Nice shot! Beautiful light... almost romantic 1940s retro feel against the Spitfire. Love both planes, but that I haven't seen a 5 bladed prop spitty before... just absolutely gorgeous. Had the jet (Eurofighter?) not been in the background, that shot would've looked like an original.

Latest posts

Top Bottom