Sony price drops for Black Friday?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by cityathrt, Nov 10, 2011.

1. cityathrt

cityathrt New to TalkEmount

Nov 10, 2011
    Hello everyone!

New joiner here, and still hemming and hawing over what step to take up from my P&S. I've become infatuated with the C-3, and the deal on the Sony site for the body + kit lens + wide angle lens for $700 looks incredibly tempting. I was wondering if anyone here has experience with Sony Black Friday deals? Do they usually have a significiant promotion during that weekend as well?
  2. adanac

adanac TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Many Sony products will be in constrained supply because of the floods in Thailand that have, unless we hear otherwise, destroyed their manufacturing capability. The NEX line of cameras, as well as sensors produced for many of their cameras as well as for other makers like Ricoh, are affected.

In short, there are likely to be shortages of many products over the coming several months.

Because of this I would assume that sales/discounting will be limited and perhaps it won't only be Sony that tries to keep prices higher. Total guessing on my part... up here in Canada we don't really experience the "Black Friday" sales phenomena.
  3. cityathrt

cityathrt New to TalkEmount

Nov 10, 2011
    That's a pity. Thanks for the heads up, I understood that the flood was causing delayed shipments of the NEX-7, but hadn't thought that it would affect current NEX supplies as well.

For those in the States, I popped over to Best Buy and checked out their Black Friday deals -- 5Ks are going for $499 on Black Friday, max 2 per store. This throws a slight wrench in my plans for a C-3.. quite a deal.
  4. jsalicru

jsalicru New to TalkEmount

Nov 14, 2011
    In reality, you can find barely used ones for cheap. There's a local sale here for $430 with the 18-55.