Sony NEX f3 video not working ?? need help ??

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by MJFinelli, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MJFinelli

MJFinelli New to TalkEmount

Jul 31, 2012
    Sold my Sony NEX 5 and just bought the new F3. I love the F3 but for some reason the video has lines in it. When I view the video on the NEX the video looks fine but when I load it to my mac the video has lines all over the screen when there is motion. I took the F3 back to best buy and just switched for a new F3. Did a video test and same thing. Is there some setting or something I am not doing? My NEX 5 never had this prob.

I am using the 18-55 lens

Any help..
    THanks

2. jton

jton TalkEmount Rookie

Jun 19, 2012
    What recording format are you using? Are you viewing the .mts files in a video player or importing them to production software?

I work at a camera store. I can test this on monday with my display F3 to see if I get the same issue.

3. MJFinelli

Jul 31, 2012
    hey jton, I am not sure what recoding format I am using. When i record or take pics I take the SD card out of camera and put it into my mac book. When playing the video I open it in quick time.

4. Luiz Curcino

Luiz Curcino TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
    MJFinelli, just a guess: replace the card, put another faster writing as a class 10. But before format the card in the camera before shooting video mode.

5. Halka

Halka TalkEmount Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    SVK
    Ľubomír Brindza
    Also: what he is describing could well be interlacing - does the F3 have any 1080i or 720i video modes?

6. MJFinelli

Jul 31, 2012
    I actually uploaded a test video on youtube to see if it was still choppy and it came out perfect.. For some reason on my computer playing with quicktime the video is choppy. On youtube its fine, I am using the same computer to watch the video on youtube, i dont get it?

7. Halka

Halka TalkEmount Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    SVK
    Ľubomír Brindza
    Youtube tends to keep the video file at several quality levels, maybe you played one of the lower ones, which isn't so demanding when it comes to processing power.