1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony nex-f3 screen protector

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by alaios, Jan 16, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Dear all,
    I am having a sony nex-f3 (this model does not have a touch screen)
    and I want to have a screen protector that will prevent scratches but it will not deteriorate the image quality, with lowering the quality of the colors+ and will not increase too much reflections.

In sony's web site there are three type of protectors..

Which one should I go for?

Alex

2. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    The most solid one I would choose... don't know the correct article number or name...
    I have the semi-hard one for my Nex 5N with touchscreen an it's GREAT and well worth the money corresponding to the cheap foils out there.

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I prefered the original Sony hard plastic one but since that is no longer available from Sony, I bought the original Sony PCK-LM1EA semi hard LCD protect sheet for my Nex-5

(Although the guy from the local Sony store told me and its description says it only fits the 5N, 7 and C3, I can say that it also fits my Nex-5 perfect) ;)

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
  5. scinkk

scinkk TalkEmount Regular

Jan 9, 2013
    Czech Republic
    I get the hard plastic protctor with adpter too but unfortunately for me it does not fit on F3 - top of frame of LCD is "inside" of body
    I tried buy for F3 a Vikuiti™ CV8 film by protectionfilms24 (on ebay) yestrday, if it be good maybe I will buy antireflective version :)

6. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    These are both good, but the F3 is not listed, only the other Nex models - so it must be a different screen size?

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Sony NEX-3 / NEX-5 / NEX-5N / NEX-6 / NEX-7 *Lifetime Warranty*: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Neewer GGS BF Glass LCD Screen Protector For Sony: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

(I have the same make as the first one (Expert Shield) on my G3 and the second one (GGS) on my Nex 5 and A37) The only reason I did not get the GGS for the G3 is that the screen can fold in against the body and with the GGS it might not (too thick?). The Expert Shield guy is really helpful and as plastic protectors go it's pretty good. GGS ones are made from glass.

There is one here though which seems to be similar to the GGS one and says it fits the F3:
    JJC Acrylic Glass LCD Screen Protector for Sony NEX-F3: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

7. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    According to the accessories leaflet the LM1EA is for nex-5n and LM10 for the next-f3!!!
    Alex

8. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yup, but like I already told you, the LM1EA fits my Nex-5 perfectly ;)

9. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Have a look at the GGS brand screen protectors I have them on all of my cameras except the nex f3, i tried the semi hard one but I found that it tends to go milky. The GGS protectors are hard glass they have been fantastic on my other cameras. I have emailed a shop to get the dimensions for the other nex models to see if they will also fit the nex f3. Oh wait anybody with any of these cameras Sony NEX-C3 NEX-5C NEX-5N NEX-7 A35 would like to measure their screens for us it would be helpful.

Here is an eBay link for them. GGS LCD Screen Protector Glass for Sony NEX-5N NEX-C3 NEX-5C NEX3 NEX5 NEX-7 A35 | eBay

10. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I know I was just confirming it

P.s Ζήτω τα χαλούμια!!!

11. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Lol :p - where are you from and how do you know greek and χαλούμια???

12. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I have Cypriotic colleagues at work.

13. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Haha, nice :D

14. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
  15. Simsy

Simsy TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    I spoke to the makers of the GGS glass protectors and although they don't have a specific 1 for the nex f3 they say the screen size is the same on the nex 7 78mmx46mm. The only difference is that the nex 7 has the thicker black out area on the left and the nex f3 has it on the right. All you need to do is fit it upside down and no problems except for the Sony branding being upside down as well. I am looking at another source for glass screen protectors they have the same size and as far as I can tell no branding.

16. aroldan3

aroldan3 New to TalkEmount

Mar 25, 2013
    What did you do at the end??

Dear All

I've got the same problem, I bought my nex f3 few weeks ago, and i haven't been able to find a proper lcd screen protector, what would you recomend??