• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sony Nex and auto-exposure bracketing

derrickakelly

New to TalkEmount
Hi, I recently read on a thread at dpreview that the Nex was limited to a bracketing range of (+/-) 2/3 stop. This is fine if you are just using bracketing as a safety measure for capturing the best exposure but what if you want to do a 5 bracket HDR image at -2,-1,0,1,2? I'm not talking about auto-hdr here - I'm talking about mounting the camera on a tripod and taking 5 separate raw exposures and post-processing them using HDR software like photomatix.

What would be the most efficient way to do this with a Nex? With my Canon, I've set up a custom function to shoot -2,0,2 and another custom function to shoot -1,0,1 so I can get my 5 shots with just 1 turn of the dial. Is there a way to do something similar with the Nex?

Thanks for any responses.

Bugleone

TalkEmount Veteran
I usually put the camera on 'manual' and then adjust exposure how I like,...alternatively, why not put the camera on 'A',..ie aperture priority, decide your aperture, and adjust the shutter sppeds using the exposure correction facility?

EDIT; ...just had a play with the camera and exposure can be adjusted (in 'A') with the wheel to plus/minus 2 stops in 1/3 stop increments,...so more than enough for most work without going to 'manual'.

derrickakelly

New to TalkEmount
I'm wondering if it's possible to save several different custom functions - eg. the first could be -0.67,0,0.67 in A-mode, the second could be the same but with a -2ev compensation and another with +2ev compensation? Would that work?

Latest threads

Top Bottom