1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony NEX-7 with legacy glass

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Yves Gajardo, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    From all the rumors of the NEX-7 I am very pleased to see some of those rumors actually being put into the actual camera. I for one have seen the peaking function many a times on youtube and it looks to be of some definite worth for manual focus lens users like me. So with all the features the NEX-7 will pack I will definitely be glad to be using it legacy glass.

For those of you who already use it for legacy glass with your NEX systems how easy really is it to use with legacy lenses?

2. BruPri

BruPri TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2011
    Buy the appropriate adaptor for your lenses, set the camera to aperture mode and away you go. It's that easy.

3. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    That easy huh? LOL. Is the peaking function helpful for you or do you not use legacy glass?

4. BruPri

Aug 7, 2011
    Peaking is a revelation! Here's my rig...[​IMG]

5. BruPri

Aug 7, 2011
    One thing that is really cool (once the RAW drivers for LR and Aperture are out for me) is to set the camera to shoot JPG+RAW...then set the Creative Style setting to B/W This way the LCD is displayed in B/W with red or yellow peaking...really quick for focusing then you can just discard the JPGs and process the RAW color images.

6. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    It's not necessary to shoot JPG+RAW. You can do the same thing just shooting RAW and it will save you the step of discarding the JPG afterward.