1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony NEX-7 Hands-On Field Test by TheCameraStoreTV

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
  2. Rafael Lopes

Rafael Lopes TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 28, 2011
    Hahaha...very creative review
    The NEx7 looks badass though :)
    I'd really like to know if it experiences the same click sound issue during video capture as the NEX5N does.

3. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Meh. It was interesting enough but hardly a review. More hyping the features to get more people to buy it. But hey, its a camera shop and I already want one so no big deal. :rolleyes:

4. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
    Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm kinda hooked and wish I wouldn't see that. So many GREAT features, and that besides the viewfinder, hot shoe etc.
    Maybe I will put aside a separate account to add on each month and in one year time make myself a real nice present :)

Here's a link for unboxing the NEX 7

5. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    OK for a video review. There is only so much that you can squeeze into a short YouTube video review and at least they tried to be a little creative ... although it would have been funnier if homeless guys wearing T-shirts with Nikon and Canon logos kept walking into the video trying to take the NEX-7 from him. ;)

The unboxing video from jebuskrust is interesting. I was expecting a little more innovation in the packaging based on comments from Sony reps (something more like the packaging for a Leica) but the packaging for the NEX-7 only looks "a little" better than standard NEX packaging ... just with black-painted cardboard. To be honest, I don't "really" care about the packaging as long as it protects the camera/lens during shipping ... I was just expecting more of a "WOW" experience when opening the NEX-7 based on the Sony comments.

6. CesarM

CesarM TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    Mexico
    i like this camera :D

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    fun

A fun review, although not overly informative.

8. Pelao

Pelao TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    The thing that strikes me in this video is how compact the camera is in his hands. It's large for a mirrorless, but looks surprisingly unobtrusive.

9. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Not one of their better shows. I'm subscribed to the show in YouTube and generally they are interesting reviews but with the occasional silly show - the nex-7 one being in the silly category. Now, it could have been simply because it was a pre-poduction model and they couldn't give a full review so hopefully once it is on sale, we might get a proper review. But don't hold your breath on that one as the review of the X10 was done in the style of DigitalRevTV

10. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    There's a new review of the nex-7 in the new issue of Amateur Photographer. Gets a 90% in their tests.

11. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Amazing how may reviews of the NEX 7 have been appearing considering the production problems. Perhaps Sony are happy to have the camera kept in the public eye in the run up to Christmas - hoping that potential purchases might hold off on going to alternatives?