1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony NEX 3N Photo Leaked

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Yohan, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    No smart accessorie terminal and a zoom lever? Clearly aimed at compact camera upgrades. But that's fine, at least now there's a clear cut from the 3 series to the 5 series.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    So that is more like a C3 with a flash in that is has no way to add the EVF. That would put it under the F3. Sony has got some weird numbering scheme going on here withe the letter designation going in front and behind the number. C3, F3 vs 3n.

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    3N, 5N, 6N, 7N (well, somedays ;)) - maybe they simply want to make it the same on all their cameras finally. Could be confusing though because the 3N is another generation than the 5N (but seems to have less functionality ...).

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    There may be a smart accessory port in the flash compartment but it would be logical that they would leave it out as it would make clear distinction with 5's. Would work with me for example, I wouldn't buy it.

6. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    with that movie button located where it is.. i sure hope it can be disabled out of the box without a firmware update :D

7. scinkk

scinkk TalkEmount Regular

Jan 9, 2013
    Czech Republic
    Hm I like the on/off switch - probably the worst design thing on F3 :)
    and zoom lever can be great for SEL16F50
    but it lacks biger grip like F3 - never mind Im waiting for a successor of 7 or 6 :)

8. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Zoom lever, seriously ?
    Yikes...

9. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I think that I am stepping up one level from C3 to the 5's. I will of course wait for a good sale. 5N doesn't sell cheap at the moment so there wasn't overproduction, hope 5R does some time.

The full frame camera will be interesting but it will be too expensive for me for several years, I believe.