1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony licking sound adjustment

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jlabate, Sep 23, 2011.

1. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Sony clicking sound adjustment

Sony has said they will do an adjustment under warranty to 5N's with the clicking noise. "...... an adjustment has been developed to reduce the clicking sound resulting from sudden motion during movie recording." I wonder if reduce rather than eliminate is enough.

2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    I've yet to get my camera as I have it on pre-order so hopefully the delay getting is down to Sony fixing this problem on the production line. I'm now looking at some time in October now before I'll get it.

Cheers, Macjim.

3. allofthelights

allofthelights TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2011
    Supposedly UK shipments are delayed in order for Sony to sort this issue out first. Hope it doesn't take them too long.

4. twinwood

twinwood New to TalkEmount

Sep 6, 2011
    I think they are just reducing the noise, maybe putting some sound proofing stuff in there. The same clicking is in my NEX-3 too, but the recorded level is much lower and I never noticed it before.

I would like Sony to improve its mic input by allowing the changing of the input level or better dynamic input management. The current mic recording isn't great.

5. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    What is the "Sony licking sound"?

6. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    I hope so...

Cheers, Macjim.

7. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    The clicking noise is something recorded when making videos and moving the camera in a jerky manner. I believe it is caused by the little ball in the body used to determine camera orientation.

8. Ross

Ross TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2011
  9. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    That's the "clicking" sound. I was wondering what the "licking" sound was. :)

10. jlabate

Aug 25, 2011
    Latest news on source of the clicking sound -

From French Web Site Focus Numerique:

"Asked about this problem, Sony France has returned to us and tell us that the phenomenon is well known by the brand and the noise from a mechanical part of the new shutter that moves during sudden movements of the device." Solution? Lubrication