1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony lens cases for E-Mount?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by NkedFatWhiteGuy, Mar 14, 2014.

1. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Does anyone have suggestions for lens cases for E-Mount lenses? I was always able to get Sony cases for my A - Mount lenses (if they didn't come with them) but I am having trouble finding anything for E-Mounters.

Poor cellphone example pic:

6adygusy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Lol! Poor *sideways* example pic! Yes, this is my first image upload and it is with my cell. Sorry, I'll get it figured out before I post again...

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Does it have to say "Sony" or "E Mount" on it?

4. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Nope, the labeling/logo doesn't matter, but I am looking for something that has a snug fit and that I can throw in my camera bag - I use a Patagonia MiniMass with a large neoprene wrap now that I have "downsized" from my DSLR.

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Well, I like these cases a lot. I got one long enough to put two rangefinder lenses in (rear lens caps glued together) and it works really well to keep things organized in the camera bag.

Or, you can just drop it in a pocket of a jacket or vest if you're running light.

6. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2014
    RI
    I like Case Logic from walmart

7. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Bimjo, how well do those cases fit the E-Mount lenses with a 49mm front ring (like the 50mm 1.8 or the 55-210 as examples)? Are they "skinny" enough or do they have a fair amount of extra space? I really like those ikan cases!

Hrstrat57, I have not looked at the CaseLogic yet, but I will check them out! Do they fit pretty snug?

8. hrstrat57

Mar 2, 2014
    RI
    I have 3 but used for A mount gear.... I have a 50 1.7 and a 28 2.8 Maxxum in one, a sony 35 1.8 in another and either my Maxxum orig 35-105 or Maxxum 24-105D in the 3rd and largest with hoods on.

All nice and snug as described.

9. hrstrat57

Mar 2, 2014
    RI
    .... And super lightweight too!

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Sorry, no idea, I have a size not listed on B&H and my 55-210 won't fit in it.

11. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks guys! I will see what I can figure out. Thanks for the help!!!

12. rossi46

rossi46 TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 28, 2014
    Sony makes a case for its QX10 and QX100 cameras that will fit a variety of E-mount lenses. I bought the larger one and it fits the SEL35, SEL50, and SEL20+UWA.

Search amazon.com for "Sony LCSBBL/B Soft Carrying Case"

13. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks rossi46! I think I might give one of them a shot too!
    I went to my local camera store to see what they might have in stock since they seem to do quite a bit of Sony e mount business, but everything they had was either too large or just too bulky for what I need. I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but I use a Patagonia MiniMass as my camera bag most of the time. I throw one of those neoprene wraps in there as a bit of padding. This setup works awesome for me and protects my gear very well, but trying to just get a little more security for my lenses when they might get jostled a bit. Trying to keep it all as small as I can so that I actually have my gear with me!

14. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    I ended up grabbing a few Etsumi bags and the work okay. They are a little bulky, but they work okay :-/ get the job done!

15. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    Ummm... I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I've found most e-mount lenses fit perfectly inside can koozies.

16. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Lol! Stephen431, that is perfect!!! I am totally going to try that this weekend!

17. 24cal

24cal New to TalkEmount

Jun 1, 2014
    West Sussex, England
    I picked up a couple of nikon lens cases from a local shop, and they house my 10-18 lens comfortably. Not suitable for 55-210 as it is too tall

Nikon CL-N101 Soft Lens Case for 1 NIKKOR - Black. Available at amazon, sorry could not attach link

Peter

Sent from my iPad using TalkEmount