1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Sony la-ea3/4 adapter $100 rebate

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by serhan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Man, that's a heck of a deal for the lae3!!! Wish I could find it at this price around here :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    If you need a Yank to get it for you lmk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. SamSS

SamSS TalkEmount Regular

Oct 11, 2014
    Thanks Serhan.
    I've used your 1st link for the LA-EA3 which is $98 hassle free dealing with rebate. Good find.

5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I can't think of what I would do with the la-ea3 right now, but the deal is so sweet. Is it worth getting just in case I get some A-mount lenses later?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

Cheer up, Nick! you get to live in Cyprus! :dance3:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I agree. So much so that this had me looking again at A-mount lenses at KEH, and then even thinking about picking up a relatively inexpensive used A-mount body in order to have IBIS for the lenses, and then... whoa, wait a minute! Going down the rabbit hole of GAS fast there. Hold up cowboy!
    Just stick with E-mount. Just stick with E-mount. Just stick with E-mount.
    Whew... the urge passed. Dodged a bullet to the wallet there.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Hell, I was browsing the A-mount lens section at B&H last night. Must... not...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    lol. me too!

11. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I've got a question about use of the LA-EA3 adapter on the A6000, and figured this would be as good a place as any. Here goes...
    Does anyone know about or have experience using adapted A-Mount lenses via the LA-EA3 (or LA-EA1, for that matter I suppose) on the A6000? If so, does the A6000 provide a small [ ] region in the center where advanced hybrid AF still works as it does for other lenses that are not fully supported by the advanced hybrid AF, such as the Sigmas*? I realize that the A6000 does not support the full array of phase detect via adapter that the A7Rii, A7ii (with firmware update) and the new A6300 will, but was hoping some support might be available as it is for other native "unsupported" E-mount lenses.

*=I know that my Sigma 30 shows some phase detect points in a small [ ] region in the center when in AF-C or AF-A modes. Do any adapted lenses do this as well?

I ask because the relatively affordable longer reach of some of the A-mount telephotos and zooms like the Sony 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT Alpha A-Mount Telephoto Zoom SAL55300 would be very nice to have in the APS-C world.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  12. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    No phase detect at all.

13. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve