Showcase Sony FE400 f2.8

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
Using the 2x TC and A9, I like the results from static birds but BIF appear a little soft. Ideas welcomed.

Brolgas

Brolgas (3).jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Swamp Harrier

Swamp Harrier IF (18).jpg

Swamp Harrier

Swamp Harrier IF (17).jpg

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
I've been doing a lot with the 2x TC, and found that esp with BiFs shutter speeds have to go up and attention paid to the lens OSS settings - more than on other supertele's that I've used. 1/1500s for static and 1/4000s for BiF cp the normal 1/1000s and 1/3200s.
It would be helpful if the factory was clearer about what the lens settings mean. 'Normal'? What's clear is that in panning mode the shots will likely be soft when you stop panning.
Old setting shots follow; these work because the bird is slow and large in the frame.
Black Swan; Brown Falcon

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
With the 2x TC I got close to one of our apex predator today, the Wedge-tailed Eagle (2.3m wingspan).

This guy is unusual in getting around within a stand of trees. They're so big they perch on top of trees usually. They also usually fly away when you get close but it circled around me twice. And its 'mane' is striking - unique in my experience.

The close-up is what you get with an 800mm prime and a bird that doesn't give a damn about you.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom