Showcase Sony FE 85mm 1.8

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I absolutely LOVE this lens also... It's great for portraits of humans or animals. I am sure that it would shine in other venues but, portraits are what I bought this lens for and, I think that it does a very good job on people and animals...
Balboa Park Shoot_0236.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ECOVIVARIUM 2019_0061.jpg

It is relatively small; especially when matched against the monstrous f/1.4 Sony and Sigma 85mm lenses.

I have been shooting it on an APSC camera but, will put it through its paces this weekend on my A7iii. I plan to pair this up with the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens that I have just received in shooting an Oktoberfest Celebration. I will alternate lenses between the two cameras...

Last edited:

achilles

New to TalkEmount

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Achilles, just a suggestion, but I would drop the exposure a bit (maybe as a gradient filter from the top down or brushed into the trees) and/or bump up saturation. Composition and the reflections look great.

achilles

New to TalkEmount
Achilles, just a suggestion, but I would drop the exposure a bit (maybe as a gradient filter from the top down or brushed into the trees) and/or bump up saturation. Composition and the reflections look great.
Bob Thank you! You are right, the distand landscape was shed by light but the closest part with the ducks was under cloud. I did some prossesing but didnt want to alter the comfusing feeling about where the water ends .I ll try to post some other variants!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom