Showcase Sony FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
So, you are finding the focus and operational speed to be good (maybe not great, but good). That's been my conclusion.

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
I don't feel competent enough to give a real judgment, to be honest, as I do static subjects mostly with MF legacy glass. This may have been the second time ever I used AF-C combined with continuous shooting, I still need practice to do the camera justice. That said, AF speed is good enough for me and despite its big size I find the lens handles well. And last but not least, image quality is great, it's the first time since my Nikon D200 + VR 70-300mm that I'm really happy with a telephoto zoom lens.

tomO2013

TalkEmount Veteran

Bill

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Bill
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
Aspen #2 is especially my favorite!! Nicely done, Eno!

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
Brian, these images from Million Dollar Highway, San Juan Mtns, and the Aspens are breathtaking. Thank you so much for these!

WT21

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I use my 70-200 for people shots. I should get it out for foliage, too! Lovely shots these last few posters.

chalkdust

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Bert Cheney
This is my first time trying some sports photography. I see several skills I need to improve. But I think the lens treated me well. An interesting thing I noticed is that this lens, at 70mm, on the A7ii, with my eyes and eyeglasses, allowed me to open both eyes. The image in the EVF was close to 1.0 magnification for me. That made it possible to keep an eye on the game to see where things were moving, while keeping another eye on the frame of capture.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
This is my first time trying some sports photography. I see several skills I need to improve. But I think the lens treated me well. An interesting thing I noticed is that this lens, at 70mm, on the A7ii, with my eyes and eyeglasses, allowed me to open both eyes. The image in the EVF was close to 1.0 magnification for me. That made it possible to keep an eye on the game to see where things were moving, while keeping another eye on the frame of capture.View attachment 18663
Very descent.

I know I prefer the viewfinder, but often in busy events I find using the LCD Screen allows me to keep an eye on the action better.

unlo

Sony ******
Real Name
Matt
Fantastic. I think my own photography skills just need more work. Mainly paying attention to histogram more often.

sdsyver

Here to Learn and Enjoy!
Real Name
Shawn
Hi all here are a few from a recent vacation in Maui. All taken with A7 and 70-200 f4.

We were out exploring as it was our first time to this island and came across Flemming Beach. It was about an hour before sunset and the surf was pounding the shore so there was lots of mist in the air. The light was amazing! Here are a couple.

This one is sunrise at the Red Sand Beach in Hana

The last two were taken from the cliffs above the Jaws surf break. Apparently these were some of the largest waves in 20 yrs. Lucky timing on my part. Both are heavily cropped. There were a bunch of seadoos out there being paid top dollar to look after the surfers. Those guys are a entertaining as the surfers to watch and equally as talented in my opinion at least.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom