Showcase Sony FE 135mm f/1.8 GM

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
On the same occasion another good shot. Do you see the fringing in his cap ? Is it fringing or what is it ?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
David, I am using the A7 III which I think doesn't have the AA filter...
I think there is an option on the camera which I probably have switched ON.
I may be wrong but I remember seeing something, somewhere about it... :doh:

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
I only don't like it's weight !

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
I agree about the weight, it takes a bit of getting-used-to, doesn't it? Actually this last week or so mine has been relaxing in the cabinet while I've been deliberately using only my 50mm f/2.8 macro each day, both in an effort to learn more about what that lens can do in addition to macro and because I have been participating in a Week 50/50mm lens event on another forum..... I think next week I'll spend a week with the 135mm f/1.8 and then after that a week with just the 90mm macro, as it is a good way to really learn a lens and what the two of you can do together.....

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
Clix, the idea of using one lens for some time is quite interesting.
In another forum where I am, I intend to use a different prime lens each week and persist on showing the results.
Eventually when a zoom is mounted, use the same focal distance all the time.
Such procedure - using the same lens for some time, over and over - give us a sense of scope which allow us to perceive the field we get with that lens.
Oh god ! Did I explain myself correctly or else: do you understand what I mean ? :whistling:

Clix Pix

TalkEmount Regular
8 miles from the Tysons (Virginia) Apple Store
Antonio, I do indeed get your meaning and I quite agree! Right now all I have in the way of lenses is three primes (50mm f/2.8 macro, 90mm f/2.8 macro and the amazing 135 mm f/1.8). and over the next several months I am going to spend plenty of time with each of them, getting to know them, before moving on to adding more lenses to my collection, especially zooms. To be honest, right now my bank account is still screaming at me after the big purchase in November, so it will be a little while before I am ready to explore some zooms with the A7R IV...... I can absolutely say right now though, that I am just so pleased that I did take this plunge and that I love the camera to bits and the three lenses I purchased to go with it, too!

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount Veteran
Thank you Clix for your reply.
Zoom these days so I read, are as good as primes or at least are supposed to be.
I still have 2 Canon zooms the 16-35 f/2.8 and the 24-70 f/2.8 which with an adapter - I have one someone lend me for a couple of time - I think will return nice shots.
If ever I would buy a Sony zoom it would be the 16-35 GM. Too expensive however...
Meanwhile let's enjoy what we have got so far.
Two photographs this time. Guatemala and Palmela, Portugal.
Cheers !

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom