• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Vignetting

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
I am looking for some opinion/recommendations concerning this lens. I own one and the vignetting at 18mm is pretty "bad" although it is easily corrected in post editing (Lightroom/Affinity). However, this lens consistently receives good ratings in a number of reviews. This is the information I am seeking: Anyone here have this lens? If so, will you please recommend the best settings/use of this lens? I have it mounted on a pristine Sony NEX-6. I will be making a trip to Colorado next month and want to insure I understand the best settings for this lens.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
From what I read just now, this lens partially relies on in-camera software corrections, so you won't see the vignetting in camera on the EVF or if shooting JPGs. Otherwise it should be decent image quality. I also read that the vignetting can be worse at the wide end (18mm), so maybe going up just a little to say 20mm could help. I do not know, it is just an idea.

Since you are seeing vignetting, I assume you are shooting RAW? Does LR have a profile for this lens? That might help it auto-correct the vignetting, if it has a profile. I do not know if/how profiles work with Affinity.

Latest threads

Top Bottom