Sony Apps?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by bopfan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. bopfan

bopfan TalkEmount Regular

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    Am selling my Sony NEX 5R and I have several apps installed on the camera that I have purchased from the Sony store. Can I leave them on the camera when I sell them? Will their presence give the new owner access to my account at the Sony store? Or is their installation independent of my account and my access?

Thanks!!!

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I don't know whether the new user will be able to use the apps on your camera. But I'm fairly certain that they won't have access to your online account without your password.

In any case, in order to give the new owner the best possible experience with the camera, I would reset it to factory setup. This would not only erase any apps, but remove any user configurations that you did.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bopfan

bopfan TalkEmount Regular

Jul 21, 2013
    Worthington, Ohio
    Denny
    Well, doing a factory reset would certainly give me peace of mind. Not sure removing those apps decreases the value of the NEX 5R by any significant amount. Thanks for your response.

4. izzikiorage

izzikiorage TalkEmount Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    why should it reduce the value of the cam at all. The new user can simply install his own apps as needed. Or am i missing something here?

5. demiro

demiro TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    some (most?) of the apps are not free

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    It is really up to you. Include them as a freebie, or erase them. There is no tie to you, or your account.