1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony Alpha NEX-5N makes a clicking noise when moved, terribly effects audio quality!

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by scientist88, Sep 17, 2011.

1. scientist88

scientist88 New to TalkEmount

Sep 4, 2011
    Alpha NEX-5N makes a clicking noise when moved, negatively effects audio quality!

According to Engadget, the Sony Alpha NEX-5N makes a terribly clicking noise whenever its moved around. It may be a minor nuisance with stills, but the sound is almost impossible to ignore when recording video, interrupting you're video's wonderful audio. Engadget says they have tried it on multiple 5Ns and it has had the same effect on all of them. They also claim to have isolated the noise to the camera body.

According to Engadget, Sony says they have acknowledged the problem and are looking into it. Hopefully they can fix it soon, as the video is one of the key features on the Sony NEX 5N.

Has anyone with the NEX-5N had this problem? Leave a comment below if you have/haven't, or how you think this is going to effect Sony's NEX sales. Go ahead and hit Engadget for the full-story along with a video.

Source: Sony Alpha NEX-5N makes clicking sound when moved, renders captured audio useless (video) -- Engadget

2. Ross

Ross TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Yeah, that clicking noise is annoying and I thought Sony engineers knows about it. If they'll not fix it, NEX-5N is only good for stills, not for video.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    fixed

Lets hope they fix it soon and offer those who have already bought one a chance to fix there's. I am shocked this was allowed out. I wonder if it was a design flaw, or just a production mistake.

4. ryandigweed

ryandigweed TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    I was going to post this. :D ahah i guess im too late. Anyway .. I wonder if they will manage to fix this. I'm really disappointed in Sony at the moment. How could they do such a thing?. hmmm.. Everyone was excited for this camera. :(

5. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    There's been mention that it is the little ball in a box that determines orientation. That it can be heard just by shaking the camera even when it is turned off.

6. ryandigweed

ryandigweed TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    WOW, makes it feel like some rattle or baby toy. LOL :D