Sony A7ii preview

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by tbyork2014, Nov 20, 2014.

1. tbyork2014

tbyork2014 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    Hi,
    I know the A7ii has been mentioned in another thread but I did not wish to hijack that thread. I read about the official release on Sony Japan on www.sonyalpharumors.com this morning, and thought it would be good to do an in-depth preview of this camera. I have gathered information from Sony Japan (as well as other sources for the other cameras in the A7 stable) and have posted it here: http://myphotojourney.co.uk/sony-a7ii-preview/
    Hopefully this will be of interest to some of you.
    BW,
    Boon
    www.myphotojourney.co.uk

• Like Like x 10
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    Nice write up :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Appreciate the write-up, captain! I have been trying to wade through the Google translated version of the japanese website, but this is way better. :thumbup:

4. christian

christian TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Boston MA
    It looks like sony finally listened to the customers. Looks like the ideal camera body to me!
    wider screen, re-shaped grip and shutter button replaced at the right place, better AF and last but certainly not least the in-body image stabilization! Awesome! I want it! I'll save some money 'till my birthday in april, by this time the prices should have already went down a little, especially with bundles. Can't wait!

5. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    I think Sony is doing things now that will greatly impact the industry for a long time to come. Exciting times! [emoji41]

6. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    One of the things I did not mention but was in the comparison table on page 3, was that the autofocus low light sensitivity is still the same as the A7 and A7R (although Sony have expressed it differently - ISO 100 f2.0 -1EV vs ISO 100 f2.8 0EV). It would have been great if it could do a little better in low light autofocusing, but perhaps that will be with the next generation of sensor.
    Boon
    www.myphotojourney.co.uk

7. DigitalD

DigitalD TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 2, 2014
    Miami
    David K Fonseca
    Same sensor same limitations.

Which kind of makes the Pro line upcoming launch even more interesting. They've set the bar pretty high. Pop a brand new sensor in there and.... [emoji2]

8. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Nice job on the review! :2thumbs:

9. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    I totally agree. There are exciting times ahead for us E-mount users. I can't wait to see what the Pro line looks like specs wise. Better start saving up now.
    Boon
    www.myphotojourney.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  10. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Nice write-up :thumbup:

The only specs I'm finding different is regarding the weight of the cameras (A7R 465g, A7S 489g)...where you get yours from?

Edit: now I get it, you were posting body only and I had with battery and card - my bad :)

11. jedilost1

jedilost1 TalkEmount Regular

Oct 1, 2014
    New Jersey
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    The "closed caption" on the video is a hoot. At the 28min mark somebody ask what mirrorless camera he would pick. Tony says he "loves his GH4" while the caption read that he loves Jewish wars. ;)

• Like Like x 1