• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Sony A7c Owners. - Status Reports, Any Regrets?

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
It's all in the thread title. I'm close to shipping out some old photo gear and, as of right now, I plan to pick up an A7c. But for anyone who owns one, how's it working out? Anything a prospective buyer should be aware of?

tino84

TalkEmount Regular
Hi,
What are the reasons that brought you to plan to pick an A7C?

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Hi,
What are the reasons that brought you to plan to pick an A7C?

I think it would make a great second camera to, say an A7IV, when it comes out. I know it has a smaller viewfinder compared with the A7III, but I can deal with that.

Other than that, I can see enjoying shooting with the A7c with my Sony 35mm f/2.8 on it. A nice compact kit. And, to be honest, I think it looks cool. I can consider things like that on a backup/travel camera.

I'm building down my photo kit (selling off two cameras for every new on that comes in). But, now that my wife gas retired, this is going to have to be a kit that I will live with for a long time.

tino84

TalkEmount Regular
I think it would make a great second camera to, say an A7IV, when it comes out. I know it has a smaller viewfinder compared with the A7III, but I can deal with that.

Other than that, I can see enjoying shooting with the A7c with my Sony 35mm f/2.8 on it. A nice compact kit. And, to be honest, I think it looks cool. I can consider things like that on a backup/travel camera.

I'm building down my photo kit (selling off two cameras for every new on that comes in). But, now that my wife gas retired, this is going to have to be a kit that I will live with for a long time.

So there are no technical reasons you should buy it? Do you want it because it’ small?

Basically it’s an a7iii in a telemetro-style body, with less buttons and dials. IQ would be the same.

I don’t know where do you live, but keep in mind that here in Italy there are no used A7C, and their price new, is equal or higher than a used a7iii/a7riii. So I think you really need a “compact” body

https://camerasize.com/compact/#777,858,ha,t

Biro

TalkEmount Veteran
Yes, thanks, I am aware of the reviews and the actual size of the A7c. I was just wondering if any actual owners had any additional information after having it for a bit.

Last edited:

serhan

TalkEmount All-Pro
You can also check the FM post about A7C:
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1665430/9#lastmessage

I don't use the video, but it has live video tracking that A7 III lacks. Still Sony has the best af... A7C has the old menu, but there is also my menu page and you can add what you use most. So you don't have to go thru the detailed menu items. I think all manufacturers go the same way eg Leica, Olympus, Canon, etc... When you dive into the menus with each manufacturer, it is all confusing until you get used to it... Leica is minimalistic on buttons vs Canon R5 has more buttons than anything I used, but R5 even gets confusing with additional buttons as they are so close to each other... So it all depends on what you expect and are comfortable with... We will see what the new Sony cameras will bring...

Last edited:

serhan

TalkEmount All-Pro
I don’t know where do you live, but keep in mind that here in Italy there are no used A7C, and their price new, is equal or higher than a used a7iii/a7riii. So I think you really need a “compact” body
https://camerasize.com/compact/#777,858,ha,t
There was some deals with Sony discounts on other bodies but it is all gone by Jan 3rd in US... Used A7C sells for $1420 for body and $1720 with lens at B&H:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...y_ilce7cl_b_alpha_a7c_mirrorless_digital.html

tino84

TalkEmount Regular
Yes, thanks, I am aware of the reviews and the actual size of the A7c. I was just wondering any actual owners had any additional information after having it fir a bit.
Sorry, I don’t get it. There are tons of information about a camera, but all depends about your needs.
Video? Stills? Ui? Asking for general information seems like enter in a pastry and ask for “a cake” :)

If you just need compact size, have you also considered an RX1r ii? Used price are lowering

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I could envision the A7C as the basis of a very competent travel kit but, along those lines... The A6400 or A6600 is also quite nice as a travel camera.
And yes, you CAN do excellent work with a top line crop camera...
However, I do like the extra controls on the full size A7 and A9 size cameras...

Latest posts

Top Bottom