Sony A7 Question/Advice

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by priamXus, Jul 18, 2014.

1. priamXus

priamXus New to TalkEmount

Jul 18, 2014
    Hey there people!
    This is my first post/thread here in the forum, actually maybe I can become an active user after this :)

So here's why I need advice. I just sold my a850/a77/2470z, and I have 2 options, get the a7 or swith to a Canon 6D (I dont want to!)
    If i get the a7, with the kit, I still have the 24F20Z and I could get the LA-EA4 with 50F14 If I cant get the SEL55F18.

Now, this is what Im afraid of, If I get the a7, can I do weddings where situations with low light and dancing are very often are common? (Im from Argentina and Id say that 85% of the weddings are at night)
    Some says that the AF is good, some dont, so I dont really know if this can be accomplished.

Thanks a lot for your time! Ezequiel
  2. priamXus

Jul 18, 2014
    BTW, if someone read is, any kind of thoughts are great, because here there is just one left in stock (In the country, yeah, IN THE COUNTRY, customs, taxes, and laws here sucks).
    So, if Im buying it its today :p
  3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    Welcome Ezequiel! I wish I could help. I do own (and like) the A7, but I don't shoot weddings, and not much of anything that taxes the autofocus, to be honest. :(
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    AF speed should be the same as an Alpha SLT with an LA-EA4 , no?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pjtan25

pjtan25 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 26, 2011
    Have you considered the Sony A7s?
  6. priamXus

Jul 18, 2014
    Yeah, indeed, but its kinda out of my league.
    I mean, if i get it, i just can buy the SEL55F18 and nothing else.

I read that also if i put LA-EA4 into it i lost the amazing AF of the sensor and the advantage to focus at -4 EV
  7. sonicbuffalo

sonicbuffalo TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    North Carolina
    good luck...hope you get the camera!
  8. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    If you use adapted lens with LA-EA4, you lose AF illuminator assist both on camera and flash if you use flash so some low light AF may be difficult to achieve.

Where did you read you can AF at -4EV ????? OEV to 20EV is what is listed in A7 specs