1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony A6000 - remote control App

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by tbyork2014, Aug 7, 2014.

1. tbyork2014

tbyork2014 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2014
    [Hi,
    As there were quite a few birds visiting the bird feeder today, I decided to set up my A6000 pointing at one to these feeders, to try and remotely capture photos of the birds using my iPhone while I was in the house.

This is the link to my experience with this:
    http://myphotojourney.co.uk/sony-a6000-remote-control-app/

Do bear in mind the main lag is due to the wifi connection rather than with the camera itself; the images were shot in jpeg as I forgot to change the settings in the App to save in Raw+jpeg.

Boon
    www.myphotojourney.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Great results! I just loaded the remote apps, but initially couldn't find where to change to RAW+JPG. It started shooting in JPEG Fine. Even though camera was set to RAW+JPG as default.
    I am using the Android app, not the iPhone.

3. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    Thanks. I was checking out the apps yesterday and realised that I was still using the older version of the Smart Remote Control app. The new one V3.0 also allows for remote video recording as well now - might be great for those into wildlife videoing.

BTW, the file saving setting was in the app menu on the camera, which is why I could not change it until I took the camera back in. But now that it is set to capture both RAW and jpeg on the camera, this is no longer an issue. I will need to see if there has been any other improvement e.g. Reconnecting to the camera when signal lost etc. I use the iPhone, so cannot comment about the NFC improvement.
    Boon

4. tbyork2014

Jan 11, 2014
    Just to update you all. I have looked into the remote control app to see if it could do video with the either A6000 or A7R. Turns out this feature is not available on either of these cameras. A little disappointing, but who knows if this may change in the future.
    Boo