1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Sony A6000 eBook User's Guide by Gary Friedman + (Nex, RX-100, A7, Fuji, Canon Rebel, Olympus OM-D)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by chief3630, Dec 12, 2014.

1. chief3630

chief3630 New to TalkEmount

Dec 11, 2014
    After my wife picked up one of the A6000 bundles, we realized that, coming from point and shoots, we had no idea how to use 95% of the A6000's features.

Googling A6000 guides most frequently brought up praise for "The Complete Guide to Sony's A6000 Camera" by Gary Friedman and Ross Warner. http://www.friedmanarchives.com/alpha6000/index.htm

I got it along with an email stating 10% off any downloadable e-products available at www.FriedmanArchives.com/ebooks for one week.

Apply discount code LC-101 during the checkout process to receive the discount.

Makes the A6000 guide in 3 formats (PDF, .mobi, .epub) $26.45 - 10% = $23.80

There are also guides for the Sony A7, Nex 3, 5, 6, and 7, RX-100, Fugi X-T1, Opympus OM-D, and Canon Rebel to name a few.

Hopefully others can put the code to use!

Sample pages:

http://www.friedmanarchives.com/alpha6000/book_page_samples.htm

• Like Like x 2
  2. teddoman

teddoman TalkEmount Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    nyc
    Great book. I didn't read the whole thing, but I have just used the table of contents to jump to the sections I need for quick answers.

3. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    I don't have the A6000, so I have not purchased this book. However, I would do so immediately if I had the A6000, just as I have bought Gary's e-books for every Konica-Minolta and Sony camera I have.

I have his e-books for my KM A2, KM D7D, Sony A700, and Sony NEX-6. I have also given his e-book on the Sony A100 to a family member who has that camera. When I get a camera for which he has an e-book, I get that book as soon as possible. As is probably obvious, I consider getting his books to be money well spent. Even though I read the official manuals carefully, there is always useful material in Gary's books that I had not spotted.

Personally, I prefer the .PDF versions to the epub and mobi versions, but YMMV.

- Tom -

4. chief3630

chief3630 New to TalkEmount

Dec 11, 2014
    probably only a couple days left on this, I think I bought on the 11th. The "week" part didn't have a hard end date in the email.

5. A6000John

A6000John New to TalkEmount

Nov 18, 2014
    Toronto,Ontario
    John
    I bought the book and down loaded it as a pdf and saved it onto my mac.

6. ztryfe

ztryfe TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2014
    Mexico
    Vic
    I have the 5r / Nex 6 book, its great ! Can only imagine the a6000 will be even better, I have it loaded on my quick edit tablet, as mentioned by others, for quick reference. Solid recommendation for anybody starting with more serious photography and a Sony camera.